September 7, 2008

New photos

I'm going to just get down to the good stuff right away this time...


Here I am blocking a busy road in Laurium, Michigan for over an hour while I was getting some Coors beer unloaded.




Texas has these damn Lovebugs flying around right now... My truck has been destroyed by these stupid bugs... They don't come off very easy either...



Last week I had a whole bunch of things installed on my truck including the CAT Messenger Computer on the dash (below the guages). It shows a variety of engine read outs including fuel mileage... I really like it.




Parked next to one of the original Schneider Trucks.



Sitting for the day at my friend Curtis's house in Albany, OR. In my opinion Gordon has the best looking company trucks in the country. When I drove for Gordon and I was on the Target fleet, I was at his house parked just like this every other day... I miss those days.




I don't EVER stop in rest area's. I don't like them and they don't have a place to eat and normally the restrooms are pretty nasty, not to mention the creeps that hang around them too. Well, theres this one rest area that we stopped at when my mom and I were traveling across the country in our RV about 12 years ago that I stop at each and every time I travel across I-70 eastbound in Utah. If you were following my blog when I drove for gordon, you will remember me posting photos of this place back then. Well, I was lucky enough to run through there a couple weeks ago and I had to stop. It's one of the most beautiful rest area's in the country. It overlooks a huge valley and you can walk right up to the hundred foot cliff and look over the ledge. I was there around sunset and it was awesome. Check these photos out.

























Lake Shasta looks a bit low this year...




Need a Container Trailer? The Port of Long Beach has just a couple for you...




This reminds me of my Chip Truck hauling days... I wonder what was inside that Schneider trailer that is being dumped out???



Traveling along I-70 Eastbound in Utah.




Parked at Curtis's house in Albany, OR.



-Chris

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, man!. I hope they dont have you on a lot of container loads to the harbor (just a massave assumption from the long beach harbor picture), as I know they arent high paying. The truck looks goregeous... even parked next to the GTI truck. ;)

bernie said...

nevar seen the lovebugs in tejas, just florida...cool old pumpkin truck...I know that rest area well, its the pic in my header ;), and pickle parks suck cuz DOT can check you out there.

Tracy said...

I think we should print and frame some of these pics soon :)
The bugs are disgusting and I NEVER want to go to Texas!!!!
Come home soon, I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Who would have thought 12 years ago that you would be stopping at "our rest stop" in your very own Peterbilt 386? Wonder if our name is still carved in the sandstone? Great memories!!! Drive safely!

M.

Tony T said...

Hi Chris, My name is tony t from the Uk & stubbled upon ur Blog site via another 'Cath in Canada almost',
i'll put ur Blog on mine & watch it weekly, here is mine.
http://truckingwithtonyt.blogspot.com/

Cheers tony t

Anonymous said...

once again great pics. The best ive seen on the net

Anonymous said...

Love the blog! I want to see some photos of truck in the runaway ramps!
Later!

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures mate, definately some for hanging on the wall there.

want 2 drive said...

hey great blog. just found it,and just A quick question, do you still play trukz? if so what is your name on the game?

 
Site Meter