November 27, 2008

I know, I know, I know, I'm a slacker with these updates...

But I have a good excuse, I've never ran so hard over the past few months as I have here at Schneider. For the past month I've had 4000+ mile weeks which is damn good considering all the restrictions put on a trucker these days. I've been running so hard that it's slowly catching up with me but it's the busy season right before christmas and I want to make as much $$$ as I can... Freight slows down big time after Christmas so I'll be taking 2 days off for Xmas then I'll be home in January for a week or so of much needed time off. Until then, It's all about running hard. For example, 3 days ago I left Laredo texas and drove 1800 miles up here to Carlisle,PA. Tomorrow I'll be getting loaded with beauty products heading to Ohio then it's time to pick up a preloaded trailer bound for Mc Donough,GA (atlanta) then it's back down to Laredo Texas for the 4th time in 3 weeks. Another 4000 mile week coming right up! Bring it on!


Heavy snow and freezing rain last week in Michigan and Ohio turned my nice clean truck into a disaster then I picked up a load in this Powder like dusty yard in Louisana last Saturday and it made it even worse...



That's all dust... more like powder...



This is only a portion of the brand new cars and trucks at the Laredo, TX Border Control HQ



I dropped my truck off at 4 State Trucks, Home of the Chrome Shop Mafia and the TV Show on CMT Called "Trick my Truck" to get a custom stereo installed... Now I can cruise in style with the music turned way up and vibrating everything... I love it.




I should buy a house here cause I roll through there almost on a weekly basis. Dallas, TX.



Running north along the Oregon Coast near Newport, OR.



As soon as I turned east and away from the Beaches I hit some fog through the Tree's heading towards Salem, OR.



South of US93 towards Winnemucca, NV one afternoon with a load of Sugar from Boise, ID.



While it may not be much, this is the first snow I hit in my truck since purchasing it. October 31st - Montana.



More snow in Walcott, IA at Iowa 80. The Worlds Largest Truck Stop.



Try spending two hours searching for an empty trailer in one of the west coast's largest intermodal (rail) yard. I have promised myself and my dispatcher that I will NEVER NEVER NEVER go back to the Los Angeles rail yard. NEVER!!!!



Climbing Ashland grade coming into Medford, OR.


Eric and I hanging out in Missouri a couple weeks ago...



A Sunset in Nevada on US93



Jerod (He drives locally for Schneider out of the Fontana (LA) Terminal. I met up with him for the day and we went to the truck that I posted earlier...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey welcome back you slacker just kidding good post

Anonymous said...

Awsome Bud,
Glad you're loving it out there and are getting the miles to run your business. Alot of guys are having a hard time just getting 2500 per week.
How much do you think you have netted after paying all of your taxes and truck expenses?

Be safe and have fun

Chris

Anonymous said...

Glad you kind of like that cheesy stereo system that "Santa" gave you! Just think of what you might have gotten if you had been a "good boy"?

M.

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures mate.

IsaM said...

Hi ! I love your pick ! Many thanx !!

 
Site Meter