October 19, 2008

Truck Show, Trains and views from the drivers seat

I delivered my load of used cardboard box bales to a paper recycling plant out in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico earlier this week. When i was empty I drove out to the side road and parked next to the train tracks in hopes that I would see a train... Little did I know that every 5-10 minutes a train would be coming by... I was having a blast watching the trains pass me...



On my way to the paper plant...



Getting closer...



A BNSF Dash 9 heading east from the Ports on the west coast.




Chugging up the hill heading west with a load of empty containers.




Now this amazes me... 1 truck has a hard enough time pulling ONE of these 44,000lb containers. This train has 100 cars and 2 containers on each car... It's to crazy to think about how much weight these engines are pulling...wow.



In between trains this huge air force plane came zipping over the mountains and made a sharp turn and flew at low elevation through the canyon...




Say hello to me. Las Cruces, NM.





Hot air balloons in Albuquerque, NM




Heading west on I-70 through Colorado towards Denver.



4 out of 5 lanes blocked due to a couple of idiots crashing in the Phoenix, AZ tunnel last night...



I had a friend meet me here at the Fontana, CA terminal this morning and we drove over to Pomona to check out the truck show they had going on... Here's some of my favorites from this show.

Check out this sweet Kenworth W900




A REAL nice Peterbilt 379




This was my favorite truck from the show. The detail on this truck was spectacular.










I really love old retro classics like this nicely kept up Kenworth.




Last night I noticed my truck was casting a nice reflection on the trailer next to me... So I took some cool silhouette photos of me...




I like to sit down pretty low and lean my seat back to get comfortable so this is all you will see of me when you pass me...



Last monday I had to head over to the Chicago rail yard to pick up an emtpy... This is how they load and unload the trailers on the trains.



I like having trucking friends because sooner or later you are bound to run into them going the opposite way. I was heading through Missouri when my phone rang. It was eric and he wanted to know where I was... Well, I was going west and he was going east... So about 45 minutes later I meet him at the truck stop and we were able to hang out for an hour or so before we had to roll... He drives for Werner and has a pretty nice black Kenworth W900 company truck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great bunch of pictures mate.

Anonymous said...

Soon we'll see Big Red tricked out at a truck show!! Fun seeing ya in Woodland! Hope you missed the scales all the way to Portland!!!

M.

bernie said...

mona truckz werent as beanered as I had expected...unless you just didnt take pictars of those ones, lol

 
Site Meter