May 25, 2008

Random photos from today...

I left NY and headed empty to Connecticut this morning. It was a nice drive but man, people in the Northeast driver slow!!! I'm governed at 65mph which means I can't go any faster than 65 unless I'm coasting down a hill. I got stuck behind a pack of cars going 50-55 all day today. I spent more time passing than I did in the right lane...hmmm... Everyone must of been full from all the bbq's going on over this weekend and they were very tired for the drive home... I guess. My load is ready and is only going 450 miles west to Buffalo, NY so I'm in no hurry. It delivers tuesday morning at 7am, so I'm going to get up in the morning and start making my way west. At least I'm rolling over monday and will be getting a load on tuesday when everything opens back up... Anyways, here's the photos and a video!


***Click on the video and wait for it to load***

Usually all I hear all day long when I'm sitting in a truck stop or at a customer is engine noise or the normal sounds of a busy city or factory. I decided to park for the night backed into a deadend road with a greenbelt to my left. It was about 75 out today but I parked in the shade with the windows down and it was very nice. It was very nice to hear birds chirping, something we truckers don't get to hear very often... Click on the video to start playing



This is where I'm currently parked...




My Freightliner at gordon had a slide out desk which was nice to use as a computer stand. This Kenworth doesn't have anything like that, so this is how I use the computer. Welcome to my office!



Meet my trucks big red butt.



I'm still undecided if I like how my truck looks. Sometimes it's ugly and sometimes it's mean looking... It seems to look good from a small car view... Don't cut off trucks so this won't be in your rear view mirror!




I got some red load light covers for the lights on back of the cab. Now I can be like all the square nosed owner op's!




The price of Diesel fuel in Upstate New York!!!!!!




Entering Massachusetts this afternoon...




oops, a bit late on this one...




Have a good memorial day!
Chris

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... That sounds like you're at the zoo :) The girls thought your big red butt was pretty darn funny lol
We miss you, be safe!

Mz.Elle said...

I'm undecided on my feelings about the newer trucks...I'm an old skool
kinda gal but I think I might be coming around.
I'm happy you got to hear the birds! That must have been peaceful:)

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog and very detailed with nice pictures of the place you have been to. Keep up the good work. And Drive Safe!

bernie said...

The trucks ive been in all has the slide out desk tray, but I dont see the point in sitting in the back as I was sitting all day up front, so I lay down my laminated RM coil bound road atlas, and lay the laptop on top of that, with a thin ppbk book (Into the Wild...I bought it 10yrs ago, fuck the movie) under the back corner of it to help the laptop fan cool better, then lay down with 3 pillows propping me up. After aboot 4hrs my hands go numb, and then its time to get that 5hrs or so of sleep ;)

 
Site Meter