May 15, 2008

Tour #2

I arrived at home last Wednesday and left on monday morning. Hometime went great and it was nice to get on the bike after a couple of months being stuck in the truck. I rode 3 of the 4 days and put around 80 new miles on the bike. The snow has finally melted and my favorite place to ride opened up once again for the summer. I hung out with some friends as if I had never left and by sunday night it was time to come out on the road. I would never of thought, but on the second day of being home I started to miss the truck. For the last two months It's been go, go, go and then to come home and not have anything planned was really different. I started back into the old groove of the road and I'm happy.

I have about 20 new photos to post up, but there's a problem. I always take photos for a reason but some of them I don't remember why I pulled the camera out and snapped a shot. (Reminder to self, update the blog more often so this doesn't happen!)

I arrived here in Laredo, Texas after a nice 1800 mile run from Woodland, CA hauling HP Computer parts. I'll be leaving for Fort Worth, Texas in a couple hours. Anyways, here's the photos!


***REMINDER, CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO MAKE THEM LARGER!***


In Otay Mesa, CA (San Diego) we pickup and drop trailers bound for mexico for the Mexican drivers to pickup and deliver in mexico and vice versa. Well, you are required to take out all the lights on the trailer so people don't steal them. The Workers take them out, but the driver have to put them back in. I won't go into that much detail about it, but it SUCKS!!!!




This was on a truck parked next to me in Kansas City, MO... hahahaha




This is at 6am on May 1st just south of Denver, CO.




This is only 3hrs later at 9am... Snow in May? WTF?????









The day before the snow and about 60 miles North of Denver, it was 75 outside and the day ended with this nice sunset. I'm thinking Denver must be a major Airline hub...




Pretty sure this is I-25 South one morning in New Mexico.





A couple of post ago, I put up a photo of the new Conway trailers with the blue stripes that swoop up towards the top of the front of the trailers... Well, I guess it has since changed and this is the NEW, NEW, NEW trailer logo layout.





A Heyl truck heading south into Denver with a storm brewing to the east. "




This makes me laugh... hahahahahahahahaha




Yesterday in Texas on 285.




Sunrise in New Mexico.



One of the many border checkpoints along any road or highway that borders or heads out of Mexico. This one is on I-8 east of San Diego.



I think this is Octillo Wells Sand Dunes east of San Diego on Interstate 8. There were some people riding dirt bikes and quads on the dunes... I was jealous.




A whole bunch of nothing...




This puppy came to visit me in San Diego... He belonged to the truck in front of me. I think he wanted to get out and just walk around as much as I wanted to do. He jumped back in his truck because once you see one warehouse district, you have seen them all...lol

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to have you home, I can't wait till next time :)
Thanks for keeping the blog updated, you know how much I like reading it lol
Stay safe and next time you find a dog like that, you should bring him home with you :)

bernie said...

truckers shouldnt be takin pictars while driving. ;)

Mz.Elle said...

Hello!I found you through Bernie's blog. I second what JP said about the dog;p

Decorina said...

Yeah, that thing with the tail lights at the Mexican border blows, doesn't it? And can you ever find an empty slot in a border drop lot that doesn't need a greased trailer to get into? Not even enough room to lower the landing gear...

Found your blog through GiGi Roxx. She does, doesn't she?

Regards, Decorina

 
Site Meter