May 23, 2008

WOW, what a drive!!!

Today was awesome. I started my morning in Verona, New York and headed west to the Budweiser factory in Baldwinsville,NY. I dropped my empty trailer and then Bobtailed (no trailer) to Albany, NY and then North on I-87 to Plattsburgh,NY where I'm currently shut down for the night. This is my first time this far east. Yesterday I went through Ohio, Pennsylvania, and then into NY. It was a first for all three. Now, I've been to New York City as a kid and that's all I remember from NY. I was under the impression that the second I entered NY, I would be in traffic traveling along the interstate all the way through NY. WRONG!!!! The turnpike (toll road) is in top notch shape with nice green grass and tall trees. It's an absolute blast to drive and I'm really enjoying my time up here. I'm parked at a little truck stop off I-87 and I'm in the very back of the lot, in a corner next to a forest. As soon as I step out of my truck I'm standing in green grass and the smell of the forest hits me. That's a lot different than a downtown truck stop in some big city that stinks of urine and idling trucks. I'm hoping to get a load out of here in the morning to keep me rolling over the holiday weekend. Where will I go from here? Check back next time...

***Remember to click on the photos to open them up full size!***


Got CFI?



Just north of Laredo, Texas at the Border checkpoint.



A real nice Maserati with mexico plates...



A bit later that day in Dallas, TX I spotted this Bentley driven by some rich old guy..lol



A Texas Sunset



Another trip through Saint Louis.



First time to Ohio in a big truck...



Same for Pennsylvania.




Yup, New York too...




That's Lake Erie in the distance.



In NY, on the turnpike, they run turnpike doubles. Double trailers in California consist of two 28ft trailers. Here in NY, they run two 48ft trailers. Now, that has to be heavy. Since they are so big they can't go on the city streets. Most major exits have turnouts where the drivers stop and break up the doubles so that another truck can pick up the second trailer and then they both travel to their destination.



Lots of people heading north to the mountains or Canada for the holiday weekend.




I love this kind of scenery.



A lake in the Adirondack Mountains...





Have a good weekend everyone!

Chris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls love the pictures :) They want to know when you will take them to Pennsylvania lol
Stay safe, we miss you!

J.T. said...

Hey Chris

Had to post since you are driving up in my neck of the woods. I grew up in the Adirondacks in a small no name time. It is a beautiful place to visit but it is hard to make a living. I now live in Phoenix AZ. and about this time of year I begin to question the idea of living in Phoenix AZ with the temps hitting over 100 day in and day out at times.

Well safe travels down the by ways and high ways.

J.T.

 
Site Meter