April 28, 2008

It's about that time...

I've been telling myself since day one that I was going to stay out on the road for my first "tour" for as long as I want. I wasn't going to put a time limit on being out here running around. If you asked me yesterday if I wanted to come home, I would of said "not yet". Well, I woke up this morning, delivered my load and drove over here to the Flying J truck stop in Kansas City, MO for a 34hr restart. After I pulled in and parked I popped open this computer and haven't closed it for the last 8hrs. I started looking at old youtube videos of all our trips to go riding and snowmobiling. Right then and there I said to myself "It's about that time, I'm coming home" and I put in my Hometime request.

CFI's policy on home time is 1 day for every 7 days out and a minimum of 10 days out before you can request to go home. Well, I've been out here for 6 weeks (5 weeks driving + 1 week Orientation) so I have six days off. They let you "bank" your days off, meaning I can go home for 3 days and save the other 3 days off for a time when I need them. My plan right now is to take 4 days off and save the rest for later. "


CFI hometime is guaranteed to get you home within 5 days of requesting it, no matter if you're loaded or empty. So I should be home this weekend. You better watch out, I can't wait to jump on my dirt bike and break in the new trails that were covered in snow 6 weeks ago!



This is where I delivered "Epoxy Resin Plastic Granules Pellets or Powder" in 44 separate 1000lb bulk bags. I picked it up at DOW Chemical in Freeport, TX. This wasn't the easiest back to do as you can see from the fence that people have driven over to try to get the trailer lined up to the dock...




PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE drop this truck in the driveway at home... Oh man, this truck is sick!!!



I found this photo of a CFI Drivers messageboard website. CFI used to sponsor a big rig racing team that did drags and the yearly pikes peak hill climb event. I don't think this red racer is governed at 65mph...


-Trucker Chris, Over n out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippy Skippy!!! I can't wait for you to get home :) Oh and I tried to order the truck but they laughed at me when I asked if they would take kids for a trade lol
See you soon!

Anonymous said...

I want to say thanks for sharing a little bit of the truckin life with the wanna-be's like me. I'm hoping to make the change to become a driver in about a year. You can check out my blog at truckintedybehr.hwyblogs.com You said that you did a pickup at Dow in Freeport, Tx; I grew up in and around Freeport, TX. The DOW plant there is HUGE. Thanks again for sharing. -TT

Anonymous said...

That looks like Valspar in North KC. I go there every once in a while to pick up. I've seen some otr trucks try to back in off the street. That's a really tricky lot, you can tell from the mangled fence.

Anonymous said...

BEst of Luck, Keep the post coming. Its an useful tool us newbies and the wannabes have into the world of L/O and O/O's. Bigdaddy JollyRob

 
Site Meter