April 4, 2008

Sitting here in Chicago....

and it's just a wee bit chillly outside... Well, it's colder than Texas was that's for sure. I delivered this morning in Waukegan just north of Chicago and unloaded my 36,000lbs of Ziploc baggies. I pick up a Conway Freight load tomorrow morning bound for Newark, NJ. This will be my first time going any farther east than Chicago on I-80 and I'm a bit nervous but now that I think about it, I was damn nervous the first time I went to Chicago. Although, now that I've been here about 5 times Chicago is easy and the traffic is just an annoyance. So, there's a first for everything and I'm headed east! CFI Pays 5cents more per mile if you run in the northeast so that's very good and Hopefully I will get a run south or west from Newark. I'm kinda looking forward to heading west to familiar territory once again.

I remember this stretch of road from our RV trips we took each summer. It was around 8-9 years ago since I was last here...








Mississippi really takes care of their roads. I-55 north was a dream to drive on.



I was shut down at the Memphis, TN Kenworth dealership getting some work done for about a half day on wednesday. While waiting to get my truck worked on, I ended up splurging a bit on floor mats... eek

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for updating your blog BP :)
I can't wait for you to come home!

 
Site Meter