April 14, 2008

Broke down in Texas.

I broke down while getting off the freeway in Brenham, TX on friday night. Everything was fine until I came to a complete stop and tried moving forward. My Truck stumbled on itself, a check engine light came on and the truck was blowing gobs of black smoke like a steam train. Luckily the customer was in my sights only about a 1/4 mile down the road. So I was unloaded and gave road service a call. Supposedly I blew a EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve. I guess it happens alot with these cummin's motors. On saturday morning I was towed by a little tiny tow truck (photos below) to Houston Peterbilt. They said they wouldn't be able to work on me until wednesday or thursday of next week. Roadservice then said to drive 30 more miles north to Cleveland,TX where I'm at right now. Performance Kenworth says that they will have me diagnosed and parts ordered today around noon. Hopefully I'll be able to get out of here tomorrow or wednesday. Things here at CFI are starting out really slow. I hope my miles improve in the coming weeks.


When I was waiting for the tow truck to arrive, I was looking forward to riding in a big peterbilt wrecker with my truck in tow. When this little truck showed you I said "You got to be %*%&%(#W)# kidding me" haha



A storm rolls in while loading misc. parts for the Peterbilt Factory in Texas.



Getting unloaded at the Peterbilt Factory in Denton, TX.



A nice wet welcome to Kansas City, MO.




Then came the hail and traffic jams...



Loading up a brand new trailer. Eventually the trucks will be white with those same blue stripes on the tractor.




This is why I want a GPS. I missed a turn in Paris, TX and ended up taking the business route through town. I hope trucks were allowed on this route...doh!




Pulling into the Inspection bay at the Company Headquarters in Joplin,MO. The LED sign welcomes each driver to the yard.





Compared to Gordon's headquarters even though CFI and GTI are pretty much the same size, CFI's HQ's are HUGE!




Another end to a nice day in the truck...




While waiting to get loaded some drivers like to grab a bite to eat nearby, some like to sleep and I take stupid pictures...lol




Wonder why this airplane is parked in front of this house? Just a wee bit odd...




Over and out!
Chris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get back on the road soon BP! The airplane thing is a bit odd but hey you would have a truck in your front yard if you could lol
Thanks for keeping things updated, I can't wait till you come home :)

Terry said...

That would totally freak me out to see my name in lights!!!!!

 
Site Meter