April 23, 2008

Rollin', rollin', rollin'...

Finally, I'm getting some descent miles! Yesterday and today were both 650+ mile days which is nice to get out and stretch my legs on the open road once again. I left McDonough,GA and headed west to Tuscaloosa,LA last night where I spent the night and watched the amazing lightning storm before heading off to bed. I woke up this morning and continued my trek to Dallas, where I dropped off my load of Craftsman sit down lawn mowers to the Sears distribution center and then headed 15 miles south to the CFI Terminal in Lancaster, TX.

I had just enough time to fuel up and fill out some much needed and very late paperwork (oops!) before being dispatched to "dead head" which means running empty to West Memphis, TN. That's over 450 miles EMPTY which is very out of the ordinary. Usually a company will dead head you 100 miles or less to get a load but today there were no loads available in the greater Dallas,TX area and a ton of loads available with no drivers in Memphis. I arrived here in West Memphis (CFI Terminal) and was dispatched to RELAY, which means to pick up a load which is already inroute. Which in this case the load is a Conway load (lots of different freight inside of a trailer going to a Conway terminal to be split up and put in different trucks bound for different parts of the country) heading to the Lancaster CFI Terminal. So tomorrow morning I "flip a U" and head back the way I came.



Here I am crossing the Mississippi heading westbound on I-20.



A nasty storm cloud which didn't produce more than one rain drop on my windshield in Alabama on I-20.



A HUGE windmill blade.



These are my favorite kind of stretches of road. I like it when you can't see the other side of the highway. It's usually blocked by trees on both sides of you which makes for a cool drive and lots to look at.




Self Portrait.




I also really enjoy elevate sections of interstate. There seems to be a lot of these here out east.




Anyone want a Helicopter?




Oh man, I was bored... lol





So I may just be a bit crazy...




I'm trying this out for the first time. It's a video of the lightning storm last night. Let me know how it works and if you would like more videos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Finally some good runs :)
I like you're video, I will have to send you one of my own!
Be safe BP, I miss you and can't wait for you to come home.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
My wife and I are thinking of becoming OTR team.
We live in Sacramento. Would you recommend GTI or Conway?
Also are you using your new GPS already?
By the way great site, congrats !!!

 
Site Meter