July 19, 2008

7/19/08

Just a few clarifications for those of you who left comments. For those of you who don't leave any feedback, please do! I like reading your thoughts, good and bad.

1. I am LEASING my truck to Schneider, not leasing from Schneider. It's an open contract. I can take my truck and lease it on to another company any time I feel like it and same goes for schneider. They can terminate my lease whenever they please.

2. The reason why I chose Schneider was because of a friend of mine who is around my age and also has been contracted to SNI for the past few years. He's in the same financial situations that I am in and he's doing really good. I don't own a house, I don't have kids, I don't have a car payment and I live at home. My only expenses besides truck related bills are a cell phone bill, food costs, a small dirt bike payment and that's it. I have enough money saved up to make truck payments for quite sometime if something doesn't work out right.

3. I am using SNI as a stepping stone into the O/O side of trucking. I want to eventually in a couple years find a specialized carrier of some sort to run for and make more money. I realize that SNI doesn't pay the best compared too other carriers but their fuel surcharge works for me. The people I've dealt with so far have been nicer than anyone in the trucking industry that I've ever spoken too and it's great to have not one, but three awesome dispatchers. I don't ever really have to call them up, but when I do I'm greeted real nice and they ask how I'm doing and basically "What's up?". That is definently a change from others I've had in the past where I wanted to reach through the phone and strangle them.

4. I appreciate everyone's comments about my decision to become and O/O and lease to SNI, but if you want to be rude all I ask is that you email me instead of posting under anonymous and hiding behind the screen like those CB rambo's on the road. I do have family that reads this blog and would expect the comments to be clean. You don't need to agree with me with everything I say, but please don't swear. Thanks.



This was taken earlier today while running north on 491 around the New Mexico / Colorado border.



Another one from the same area



Yup, another one...



Heres one of those tiny Mercedes Hybrid? Car behind a fuel guzzling motorhome... Yup, he's blocking the fuel island...




Picture this... A young guy and girl around 18 or so are driving in this beat up 4 wheel drive. The doors are cut low like those jeep rock crawlers have them and they teens look a bit hickish. The girl is spitting her chew out the side of the truck every 10 seconds and she spits one time and it goes all over the trucks door. She looks down at it and then starts laughing and does it again. That's about as redneck
as you can get for Auburn, Washington!



Chris

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

INTERIOR, Chris.. we need interior shots of that beast!! hehe. Glad to hear that you are happy there. Even MORE happy to hear that its YOUR truck, and not a lease from SNI, good choice.

Anonymous said...

Good job Chris, I applaud you for taking the leap into the O/O arena. That is a freakin' beautiful truck, and yeah, lets get some interior pics! About the nay-sayers concerning your decision to go Lease-Op.; to hell with them. A lot are just pissed that a younger, smarter, more ambitious person is successful at something they couldn't or weren't willing to do. Don't let that stuff get you down. Keep up the good work, and keep the posts coming! I'll be lookin' for ya out there on my short stretch of freeway.

Jesse

Anonymous said...

As I said in the last blog, I'm very proud of you for doing something that makes YOU happy and I'm here to support you every step of the way! You might be young but you definitely have your head on straight and your looking at the big picture which is something that most people don't do. Be safe and I can't wait till you come home again :)

 
Site Meter